Wakeboard speakers.Mounting?

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Photos/Videos' started by volley37, Mar 18, 2017.

1. volley37

volley37 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Iam looking for pics of any and all wakeboard speaker mounts. I was thinking of mounting on the roll bars facing forward!

2. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Subscribed for pics, wonder if they look good.

3. Br4hm4

Br4hm4 I'm huge in Japan...

Thanks Received:
    It's been covered a few times, especially when the slingshot was brand new and there were little options. Most people have gone away from it for one reason or another...probably because there are better looking options:

Slingshot, SHARK 1400-watt Radio install

4. BKL

BKL Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    I bought 6.5" wakeboard speakers and mounted them on the rear bar of mt Twist Dynamics Top, but never got around to installing a music source until last month after having the wakeboard speakers mounted for over 1 year! By the time I installed a music source (Bluetooth amp), I had removed the top in anticipation of installing my Hahn turbo, but I've been waiting fort he swing-arm to get replaced before I install the turbo. I've since tried installing the wakeboard speakers hanging off the frame rail just behind the front wheel splash guards. Good sound in that position, but the speakers are in the way of getting in and out. To give better sound w/o the roof, I installed the SSVWorks hoop speaker pods with Rockford Fosgate 6.5" speakers.
    I had a set of Polaris factory speaker pods, but didn't like the loss of legroom and took them out. I'm now experimenting with other options for the front speakers. Will post a thread when I get done.

5. chrismulkey25

chrismulkey25 Member

Thanks Received:
    Below is my current setup, those are 8" Rockford Fosgate Tower Speakers mounted to the mirrors, during highway speed, I get a little shake but can still see what's behind me. Still allows for easy in and out, these are being pushed with a rockford amp as well. Each side is pointed directly to the head of each seat, and it's crazy that standing outside the slingshot it's almost like you can't hear the music, but the second you pop your head in front of the headrest, boom it's all there. haha
    I also modified a small bracket as well that is mounted to the bottom of these and then to the frame for more added support. 6.5" still sound great in these locations.
    IMG_5242.JPG IMG_5243.JPG IMG_5244.JPG

6. BKL

Thanks Received:
    @chrismulkey25's positioning off the mirror arm places the wakeboard speaker in a better position as it is less likely to interfere getting in or out.

7. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Member

Thanks Received:
    What kind of pods are you running? SSV?

8. chrismulkey25

chrismulkey25 Member

Thanks Received:
    Those are the stock Speaker Pods, I just modified them to add aftermarket speakers.

9. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok I was wondering why the spacers were in there. Thanks bud.

10. BKL

Thanks Received:
    The clearance for the 5.25" speaker in the factory pods is only around 1-5/8", IIRC. As a result, spacers are generally needed when replacing the factory speakers with better ones. MY problem is I feel the factory pods already intrude too much into my legroom and adding spacers will just bug me even more.

11. SlingLow

SlingLow Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    There's a bunch of info on that in this forum. I switched my OEM speakers out for the Massive (brand) speakers which have a low profile. The 5.25" bolted right in. The 4" required enlarging the hole with a dremel. The 1" required major butchery but fit in flush when done.

12. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Member

Thanks Received:
    I've pretty much decided on the SSV pods with high end components and a small amp off the factory deck.