Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Texas checking in

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bigsrturbo 
#1 ·
West a Houston. Don't own a slingshot yet. Any reason not to buy a 2015? Got my 29 Ford hot rod truck for sale on ebay, waiting for that to sell first.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just make sure all recalls are done. Also depends on model, SL, LE. The one's that have radio make sure it works with backup camera on.
Take or go on test ride to check the sound of the power train. Some have loud racket coming from their.
You look up the Vin online to tell you what's been done. Go luck!

Best 3 wheels Ever!

#3 ·
Most SS for sale have not had any recalls done but it sounds like swing arms are just now becoming available. One I am looking at is a SL in Nevada. To far to do a test drive but looks like all recalls done. Just have to ask about power train.

#4 ·
West a Houston. Don't own a slingshot yet. Any reason not to buy a 2015? Got my 29 Ford hot rod truck for sale on ebay, waiting for that to sell first.

View attachment 115833
Hey @War Hoop I live in Houston and I have a 2015 with the recalls done...not for sale...recalls have been rolling out pretty regular at the Team Mancuso North and Gulf Freeway. When you get ready to buy or gave bought let me know, we have a good group of Southern Slingin folks and ride often!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I looked at a 2016 SL with only 52 miles and a 2015 SL with 3,400 miles. I came to this forum and asked for advice. The majority advised to buy the 2015 as it is no different from the 2016, this one had some decent mods, and the price was right. I bought the 2015 and have no regrets. My recalls are not done but parts are waiting for me at the dealer. Just need some dry weather...

Nice truck brother!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.