Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Summit Point, WV Track Day - April 24, 2016

39K views 503 replies 33 participants last post by  Cameron Roberts 
#1 · (Edited)
So I saw @Stickerdick's post on a track day for the Slings down in Florida. I'm extremely envious, but it's simply too far. I'm reaching out to Summit Point Raceway to see what the chances of setting something up there are, but I'd like to see if there is enough interest here???

PLEASE, PLEASE be enuf interest!!! :D

In for Summit Point Track Day:
@[COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]TheRock[/COLOR] - Confirmed
@[COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]Tango[/COLOR] - Confirmed
@[COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]jaytizzl[/COLOR] - Confirmed
@[COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]Cameron Roberts[/COLOR] - Confirmed
@[COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]Pigmanfu[/COLOR] - Confirmed (all the way from FL!!)
@[COLOR=#00b300]Dharmab[/COLOR] - Confirmed

@[COLOR=#00b300]hrmiracle[/COLOR] - Confirmed
Sam Ramadan - Confirmed

@[COLOR=#ff4d4d]lostnparadise[/COLOR] - Out due to schedule
@hyper dr
@JDin
@jdove09 (spectator only)

Reactions: jaytizzl
#4 ·
Believe me, I've been trying to figure out a way to come down and do it, but I just learned there is a decent track 20 minutes from me!! :D

Maybe we can make it competitive... who will get the track day first? The deep south or the "we think we are the south"!

#10 ·
Strong start fellas, we have five commitments within an hour!! We got this @Stickerdick!

#12 ·
I'm still rooting for ya!

#15 ·
Definitely understand that, I will certainly push out more information as I get it.

#17 ·
I do three sets of umbrella reps every day to train for professional umbrella holding. I'm ready for this.

:hilarious: figure out the details, but I'm in if it works with the schedule! (< me pretending I have a life)
If it works with the schedule? Come on Heather, this is what "the schedule" should be scheduled around. An opportunity to test the limits of yourself and your machine, without the chance of getting a ticket :D

#20 ·
I didn't hear anything from Summit Point today, if I don't hear from them tomorrow I will call and try to get some info. In the meantime, please keep posting up if you are seriously interested. Please understand that this will probably have some type of sizable fee to go with it.

#22 ·
Will you be back in August? It may take some time to coordinate. Do you want to attend?

#23 ·
Just emailed VIR as well to see what they say on the subject of doing a track day at their venue...

Reactions: hrmiracle
#25 ·
I'll be back the second week of August @TheRock and will be ready for some road course time. Like to see what this thing can do stock before I start modding. By all means don't wait on me though if it means you'll win the bet of which group gets out to the track first.

#26 ·
UPDATE: Got an email from a gentleman named Chris from Summit Point today. We have a phone call scheduled tomorrow morning to discuss some details.

Reactions: JDin
#27 ·
I am from about 20 min from there, I took my old ZX6 out there once, what a blast! If I am in the area I want to come out and just watch! I was going to drive my SS from OK to VA at the end of the month but due to some schedule change I am flying instead :(.

#28 ·
Noted.

#33 ·
Alright folks, I need a solid commitment from at least 10 folks. We are looking at July 26th, the Shenandoah Circuit. If this is to short notice then we can look further out. Cost per rider would be $250. I know some of you already rogered up as wanting to go, but if you would roger up again confirming that you are in with all the above info, I'll start tallying. For those that said they were in schedule dependent... well how does the 26th look?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.