1. Tango

Tango You could've had a V8

Thanks Received:
    T-Rex pitfalls in a nutshell:
    1. Too expensive ($65k)
    2. No dealer network
    3. "hand crafted" = not mass produced = expensive to make
    4. Nearly impossible to get into
    5. Uses motorcycle everything - sequential gearbox, screaming motor, switchgear, instruments.
    6. Very ugly. This is subjective and I think it looks ugly good vs ugly bad but no denying it's ugly
    7. Extremely cramped inside.
    8. Too expensive ($65k) for what you get

The Slingshot is almost opposite in all those categories. The most important will be #1 and #8.

I suggest this read - not only funny but done on the 2014 model:
    http://jalopnik.com/2014-campagna-t-rex-16-s-the-jalopnik-review-1441919628

By the way, instead of someone's "garage" Polaris is a $4.0+ Billion company with a huge dealer network (the key to being mass market):
    http://www.slingshotforums.com/thre...s-beats-on-q2-earnings-revenues-ups-view.145/

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mike Mtl

Mike Mtl Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I live in Quebec and I probably have much more knowledge than you think about that T Rex.

1- "Pff cheap!" ............I challenge you to clarify what is worth $65,000 in the T-REX, and that is before tax which comes to almost $75,000 in total.
    2- "Campagna are on the roads to serve their customers" ...... ........This is total crap! T-REX went bankruptcy three times already since it was born, leaving the customers without any way to get service from their Machine. John Scotty which is the biggest car Lamborghini and Exotic car dealer here in Quebec pulled out his investments away from T Rex because the service to the customers was totally crap.
    3- "Handcraft = QUALITY!... the slingshot not have that. Handcraft = the assembly is made at is finest, no huge and ugly gap like the Slingshot have." ..............Seriously are you for real? T Rex been using the same crappy look since 1988. So you can see very clearly that T Rex never advanced in time.
    4- "What about the safety? Lateral impact in this cheap chassis? The T-REX have made their proof about the safety. Since 1988" ................really? I can tell you stories that might be blowing your mind, would you like me to pull up the newspaper of Quebec magazine? Where the T Rex ran into a bank window because the gas pedal got stuck? Or maybe bring two of my friends back to life after they hit a pool because the brakes did not work properly?????
    5. "The T-REX sequential manual transmission is very easy and fun. And yes, they have a full computer dashboad (You're not up do date :p )" .................how do you explain up-to-date!!!!! Not on the T Rex that's for sure!!! No traction control, no ABS brakes, only recently you installed on the T Rex a crappy Soundsystem that barely works, and even when it does you need to install a second battery because it does not have enough charge.
    6. "Ugly??? Slingshot is a piece of plastic... = piece of scrap! The T-REX is made of fiber glass and 100% of tubular chassis like a race car! More light, compact, stylish, sophisticated and refined!" ..............How do you know it's a piece of plastic? did you ever touch a slingshot? did you ever see one in real life yet? Would you like me to send you a video of how bad is the assembly line of the T Rex.....or maybe look it up on "how it's made" on discovery channel!!!!!! I would gladly send The address where the company that makes the fiberglass for the T Rex? And I would gladly challenge you to compare!!!
    7- "The Slingshot have no room for the legs." ............When did you see a slingshot again? I was one of the guys that used to build the G2, so please don't talk to me about room for legs. The G2 is a copy replica of the T Rex so I'm more informed about the T Rex than you think I am!!!!
    8. "If your want quality and enjoy the pure driving, the T-REX is not too expensive and it have a great value of re-sales because they made low quantity of them." ................Oh yes, do want quality, but not the one that exist since 1988. If you're saying $65,000 not expensive! Then I guess your father is Bill Gates.

Oh one more thing!!!! The BMW engine that you have presently on the T Rex, is the crappy engine the BMW ever built, BMW needed to get rid of those engines so they give it to T Rex for a good price.

more informed than you think!!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gpcustoms

gpcustoms Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    interesting thread for sure. My opinion is a simple one. The T-Rex is a cool expensive toy. The Slingshot is an inexpensive cool toy. There are plenty of vehicles that I would prefer to own above the 30K mark and neither the Slingshot or T-Rex are among them:wideyed:.
    Now if the two were the same price and sitting side by side at the dealership when I walked in I would have to take the T-Rex on materials used alone, However I still say that side by side the SS is drop dead sexy looking no matter what its next to:cigar:.
    As for customizing one I would say I think the Slingshot is top of the class in available over the counter parts and accessories and even more individualized if you are willing to do the homework and step out of the cookie cutter parts box:eggonface:.
    For me the Slingshot was a no brainier hands down win win for the dollar:greedy:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Mike Mtl

Thanks Received:
    Can ask you one simple question? Why you're in this forum?
    Enjoy your T Rex, have fun with it, stick it up your ass if you want to, we don't care!!!!
    Go to the T Rex forum and tell them how much you love it, i'm sure you spend an amazing time there.

Stop harassing the people here......they don't want to spend $75,000.
    The only reason why see you here, it's because TRX company is scared.....it will probably be the fourth time that T Rex will go bankruptcy, so Go spread your BS somewhere else.
    If you have nothing positive to say about Polaris slingshot then just go away

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. the1sen

the1sen Active Member

Thanks Received:
    PFFFFFFFFT!!!

You guys are just lame. Nothing says class like Lambo doors on a random vehicle. My Kia Soul has Lambo doors. F@##$ing SWEEET!!!

lambosoul.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Slingking

Slingking Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    Just a couple notches?....Hell in my opinion, the accessory itself was the only thing I was calling nice. No offense to Rex fans, but in my opinion, the Slingshot looks better than the T-Rex and for the money the T-Rex is WAY overpriced. If they want to survive now, they better come from the factory looking like that and update the entire package using better or at least newer components/materials, OR find a way to cut their sticker price by half. Would you trade one bone stock T-Rex for two base SS's modified with turbo's, suspension, and custom color wraps? :D There's a no brainer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Mike Mtl

Thanks Received:
    Let me start giving you objectives and facts

$75,000 versus $20,000
    -No ABS versus ABS
    -No traction control versus traction control
    -No rearview camera versus a rearview camera
    -No sound system versus Soundsystem
    -No Bluetooth versus Bluetooth
    -No fuel gauge versus fuel gauge
    -No LED lights versus LED lights
    -No new design since 1988 besides lights and saddlebags versus a new design

I can go on all night by comparing both.....can you please clarify what is worth $75,000 on this machine?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DKF Texas

DKF Texas Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    At .10 cents a pop she is probably still trying to pay off her early 1980's model Trex...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Shatneyman

Shatneyman Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    this forum is about the slingshot, it's our job to put down the competition, I like grey so I put down the red, does not mean I don't like it, we are having fun, relax and leave, go put some make-up on, hit the street corner to pay for your T-rex

• Like Like x 5
  10. dascrow

dascrow Administrator Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Now with the pricing released.. At 1/3 of the price the Slingshot is a hands down winner!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Tango

Tango You could've had a V8

Thanks Received:
    Wait... Lambo doors on a Slingshot? Hold my beer and watch this...

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ken3

Ken3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Having owned and 07 T-Rex I have to say I loved every day I owned it. It was fun to just take it for a rip down the road at the end of the day the most fun I have ever had driving. Most of the reviews I read are crap and the reason the T-rex never took off and never will is lack of factory support/repair. When I owned mine it was owners helping owners as we battled to find insurance and parts. I sold it because insurance was a pain and know one knew what the vehicle was and I wondered every year if the DMV was going to ban it putting that money at risk. On the mechanical side the rear bearing was a huge issue and you had to have them on hand and you knew how to change them because the T-rex chewed them up.
    I can honestly say not a day goes bye I don't wish it was sitting in my garage ready to go but just way to expensive. At 25-35K they would be everywhere but thats never going to happen. The aero T-Rx with the lamb doors looks great but looking close up the body work gaps and doors are not worth the money by any means, Not to mention you cook on a sunny day. Power was great a constant thrill ride.
    Getting in and out was an issue if your are huge and over 6-2" but I had no issues at all once you lean how to do it. I bought mine for 50K and sold it for 48K so for 3-4K I had into it was worth evey penny I had a blast. If the support was there from dealers across the country I would buy another one. I love all three wheelers and Im always a little surprised to hear people trash the trex that have never had the chance to have one for more than a test drive.
    But now that I see the sling shot there just might be an alternative although looking at the back end is tough but its growing on me.

• Like Like x 3