Slingshot v Tri Pod 1

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot vs The Competition' started by TriPod1, Mar 18, 2015.

1. TriPod1

TriPod1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its great to see the Slingshot product and forum surging forward in popularity since last time I looked.

We have been beavering away on improving our product and fulfilling customer orders.

It is my intention to bring a fully built car to the US next year and was wondering whether any Slingshot owners might be interested in having a drive and making the comparison.

I would be sending over a ZX14 powered version. So thats 880 pounds vehicle curb weight with 200HP on tap.

Our vehicle is quite different being even more simple than a SS, dramatically lighter, quite a bit lower and overall a somewhat more raw experience (that might be a bit subjective).

Of course the only way to really understand what the experience is like is to drive it, hence bringing one over and making it available for interested parties to take for a spin.

Interested in the forums thoughts, Regards, Andrew.

2. DKF Texas

DKF Texas Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Oh lord another yet different @Tripod
    Do you have pictures of your vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. robdawn

robdawn Active Member

Thanks Received:
    any problems selling them in the US

4. ZimDog

ZimDog Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  5. ZimDog

ZimDog Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    @TriPod1 : Will each one come with a smokin' hot Aussie babe like the one in the gallery pics on your website? :D

I assume you are developing a 'left hand drive' for the U.S. - correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 3Muchfun

3Muchfun Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    It looks like a crazy amount of fun. I also like the idea of putting it together myself. It all depends on how much money it would end up costing to complete.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. WI_Hedgehog

WI_Hedgehog Winner of the "Most Factory Defects" award Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I'm guessing about $15,000. 5 for the frame, 5 for the panels, add shipping and motor, wheels, etc. It is interesting.

8. robdawn

robdawn Active Member

Thanks Received:
    seems like it would be a pain to register

9. mtntech

mtntech Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Not where I live.

10. Otter

Otter Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks interesting, ! I love the quad kit on my SS but I must admit I miss the tail happy playfulness of the stock SS. I have yet to get the tail loose at speed with the quad kit, it's that sticky. I'll have to get it on the track to feel it out. Without dumping the clutch I can't even break it loose in first gear.

So... I'm on the lookout for another R trike. Maybe this or another SS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. TriPod1

TriPod1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    We have a LHD version of the chassis.

I think it's a "crazy amount of fun" but would love US based reverse trike appreciators to try it for themselves.

Yes USD$15,000 is almost smack on.

I did a quote for a guy in California the other day that came to just under 17k with the panels all trimmed and fitted to the car, the front end fully fitted as well. Saves a heap of work at the builders end. He needs to supply paint, wiring for the engine (mod donor loom), trimming of the dash, seat etc and of course the donor itself. Just about everything else was included and mostly fitted to the chassis. definitely a quick build kit!

Registration obviously will vary by state but most will be quite straightforward from what I can tell.

Regards, Andrew.

PS. Disappointingly the "Aussie babe" can not be included at the above quoted price...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Noah Katz

Noah Katz Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Andrew,

Maybe I'm missing it, but how about some more spec's - basic dimensions (esp track & wheelbase), wheel/tire size, etc.

Some closeups of the engine bay would be nice to gauge what engines might fit; I want to use a big V-twin or the one from the Triumph Thunderbird.

c1.jpg c2.jpg

Any idea what the torsional stiffness of the frame is? It's not that hard to do; see attached pic of the measurement setup I used for my college senior project.

Also one of the linked articles on your website says the front discs are from the donor bike, while another says they're from a car (I forget which), which I imagine is a large penalty in unsprung weight; which is it?

What do the front uprights weigh?

Thanks