Slingshot v Tri Pod 1

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot vs The Competition' started by TriPod1, Mar 18, 2015.

1. TriPod1

TriPod1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe we are using different terms for the same thing or maybe we have different driving styles. I'm not sure that I 'fight' with any car no matter how it handles or what attitude its holding (drift) at any particular time. If by 'fight' you mean the back end steps out a bit and I grab a bit of opposite lock then yes I was 'fighting' the car. I feel as if it's a more flowing exercise though and for me fighting doesn't describe whats going on. No matter the car, I am going with its flow, exploiting its potential and feathering the throttle and adding a bit of opposite lock as required. I suppose its just driving the car on the edge of adhesion and to me that IS driving fast and having fun. Hence I have no interest in traction control and electronic aids in a car and I guess many on here are the same and switch off all that interference into the driving experience.

There is a guy building a sort of hybrid Tri Pod in N.C who is a big fan of "the Hill" and I expect he will be up there in due course. I doubt I will get there till next year sometime the way this year is already rushing by....

Andrew

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TriPod1

TriPod1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    We maybe a bit lucky here as insurance for an old fart such as myself is less than $400 (that's about USD$300) a year. That's for what we call 'comprehensive ie. third party property and full insurance on the vehicle to an agreed amount which is AUD$30000). Third party liabilty is part of our registration charges which is about AUD$500 a year. The insurance company in question loves insuring homebuilts (they say) because folk are a bit more careful where they store, park and how they drive something they put that much time into. Claims are rarely made apparently.

Andrew.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. mtntech

mtntech Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't see it that way. I think it's great that this forum gives an opportunity to showcase and discuss different types of reverse trikes. The cool thing is that they are all unique and different than the normal modes of transportation we see rolling down the roads. Polaris has no real competition until another major manufacturer releases something.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Noah Katz

Noah Katz Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks pretty nice, Andrew.

It would be nice if there were more pictures of those things, as well as everything else.

Not to come down on you, but I have to say that, like most kit car sites, there's a generally unsatisfying level of info and specs.

Disclosure: I'm an engineer :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stickerdick

Stickerdick Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    I was sending out a bit of sarcasm to our forum, I apologize for my lack of clarity!:)

6. TriPod1

TriPod1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Noah. Yeah I am with you on that. Fairly massive update to the website is being worked on at the moment as most of whats there at the moment reflects where we were 12 or more months ago. Sort of holding off until our 'Gen2' chassis design is completed (first going to powdercoaters next week) which will trigger uploading the changes. It is all a bit nebulous at the moment... and yes most kit car sites are a bit of a mess. I suspect if they are anything like me they are too busy building cars, answering the same question a hundred times (does it come with a Hayabusa in it?) and chasing up slack subcontractors. I appreciate the input and hope the new version looks a little more enticing to those interested (the website, although I hope the chassis is well liked too).

Regards, Andrew.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Noah Katz

Noah Katz Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad to hear there's a website update coming.

That's the thing, if the info was on the site they wouldn't have to ask.

Commiseration for you on the subs

• Like Like x 1
  8. MitchS

MitchS Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    This looks quite interesting!

9. TriPod1

TriPod1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. So does your Bonanza! At least I think its a Bonanza.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TriPod1

TriPod1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes you are right although you may or may not be amazed how little people will read and then start asking questions that are well covered. That fact though has focused my website ideas on making simple clear statements in fairly large character size. We'll see...

Andrew.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MitchS

MitchS Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Close! Its a Mooney!

12. Noah Katz

Noah Katz Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually I'm sometimes unable to see what's right in front of me, so good idea for a clear presentation.

• Like Like x 1