Slingshot Turbo'd Vs TREX - Who is faster?

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot vs The Competition' started by Juice, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice Member

Thanks Received:
    So we all know stock for stock the trex kills the SS, what about with the alpha or hahn turbo?? I want to see how well it will fare against its top competitor. thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wolf

Wolf Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!

Thanks Received:
    @Juice the Tanom Invader is pretty much the same as a T-rex, would you agree? If you do agree, as most would, your "kills the SS" is debatable. Stock SS vs the stock and non stock Invaders at Summit Race Track in Virginia , stock SS won every time. It can take corners much faster and tighter than the Invader. They could never pull far enough away in the straights to avoid being taken coming out of or going into the curves. Two to three curves later they can't see the stock SS.

In a drag race, which really isn't much fun anyway, sure They "win" against Stock.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    The T-Rex fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Add to that it is WAY overpriced and I'll take the Pepsi challenge against it any day of the week with my turbo'ed SS. T-Rex dude better get a good look at the front, because all he's gonna see is my pretty LED tail lights.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. WI_Hedgehog

WI_Hedgehog Winner of the "Most Factory Defects" award Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Saw Can-Am's latest Spider, pretty decent looking.
    100214-2015-can-am-spyder-f3-Spyder_Main[1].jpg

The Aero 3S kit makes the T-Rex pretty sharp...
    trex.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Juice

Juice Member

Thanks Received:
    never heard of the tanom invade, ill take a look at it. I guess i meant in a drag race. I dont know how they fare vs eachother on a track. I havent found any comparison videos im glad our SS's do that tmuch better!.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fla Tom

Fla Tom Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    My gt500 would eat slingshots for breakfast but it was like every other over sized plumped up no road feel car made today.I rented a slingshot in Maggie valley (thanks Paul) it was like more than I had imagined(I bought one over the phone before we got back home) I may be getting old but the fun road feel light nimble slingshot is so much more fun than drag racing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Wolf

Thanks Received:
    I've actually always liked how the T-Rex looks. All the street legal track toys have appealed to me as they came to market. They are all different but to me look good and like they'd be a blast to drive.

Polaris Slingshot, Ktm X-bow, Campagna T-Rex, Tanom Invader, Ariel Atom, Morgan 3 wheeler, and yes even the Can-Am Spyder. :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Blitzkrieg

Thanks Received:
    We can agree to disagree on that. The Ariel Atom is bad ass and I would own one were it not way overpriced.

The rest I hate and (to me) look like something an 80 year old would drive. My opinion is if you want to saddle a bike, buy a bike. If you want the low slung sports car that has never been available till now, buy an SS.

My .03 (adjusted for inflation).

:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BKL

BKL Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Considering how long the various versions of the T-Rex, Invader, Areil Atom, KTM X-Bow, etc., have been around and how expensive each of these have been and still are, I'm all the more impressed at what Polaris has offered in the Slingshot at the price-point the Slingshot meets.
    That being said, Polaris made some poor design/marketing choices with heat control, electrical circuit design (using a 30A breaker to "protect" a 20A relay on a circuit loaded with more than 20A?), poor seal/bearing performance, etc.
    I love my Slingshot, but I find it hard to believe that Polaris went thru an extended period of test development driving and didn't encounter these concerns.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wolf

Thanks Received:
    Actually @BKL the Ariel Atom came out with msrp of 35k and could be had for around 32k, I was close to pulling the trigger back in '07. By '09 they were 45k and NOW it starts at 65k. So in 10 yrs it has almost doubled in price. That information and the fact that it was all I talked about until I was priced out was why my wife insisted I get the Sling when I mentioned it.

I too am very impressed with and grateful to Polaris for allowing me to afford such a great toy. As you can see it is quickly rising in price as well, though not as quick as the Atom just yet. At their current pace in ten years they will only be ($32,500) 2/3 more than original base price, not double.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Blitzkrieg

Thanks Received:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again- Polaris has a gold mine in the SS.

They spent a HUGE amount of $ in development, beat the government at their own game (and being the anti big government guy I am, I love that) and well, the thing is flat phucking sexii.

I saw another one in my sub-division today. That's three I know of.

There are lots of people out there like us with large amounts of disposable income just waiting to be tapped, and I for one applaud Polaris for having the balls to go for it. Some of us say "Why". Some of us say "Why not". :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. BKL

BKL Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Back In 2007, $35K was still a large amount to pay for what amounts to a toy. I've always like the Atom, but it's also always been too much above my budget for splurges.

• Agree Agree x 3