Slideshow Pics & Video

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Photos/Videos' started by IMAJEDI, Jul 18, 2016.

1. IMAJEDI

IMAJEDI Member

Thanks Received:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Sling ding-a-ling

Sling ding-a-ling Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Who says you can't drive a Slingshot in the rain! This is an awesome video. This SS sounds amazing as well.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. VIPNiSS

VIPNiSS Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    @Sling ding-a-ling that can't be with the stock POS Kenda tires is it?? I would be really surprised

4. Sling ding-a-ling

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, me too. I have no idea what other mods have been performed, but anyone who can drive like that must have the good sense to ditch the Kendas before attempting it. lol

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  5. WI_Hedgehog

WI_Hedgehog Winner of the "Most Factory Defects" award Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Look like stock rims and skins to me.

The stock tires hold pretty well, just the rear is so fat it tends to loose traction and spin, which seemed to happen to that driver too; he just let off the gas a bit and it re-gripped, which seemed right from my experience.

The Kenda's are hard and don't have a ton of grip, but are "narrow" compared to what some people replace them with. The wider the tire, the more the chance it will aquaplane. Tire manufacturers generally pick a tire one size smaller than optimal for fuel efficiency, often to maximize traction in water.

For being hard and relatively inexpensive (when not branded by Polaris), they have pretty good grip in a wide range of driving. Being up north I drive in the cold, and the stock Kenda has more grip than a Nitto M/S on the Slingshot when the temperatures go down. The Kenda also has better traction in rain. In warm or hot weather with no water, the Nitto has much more grip than the Kenda. Both are better than a Nitto 555 in rain and cold.

I like the stock Kenda's, they have a nice looking / good performing tread pattern, and handle well as an all-around tire which also happens to be inexpensive. They also fit well on the Slingshot, letting the driver slide the rear around turns without wearing too much rubber off. The down-side is they don't make a good squeal unless conditions are right, they'll just make a quiet burnout sound, unlike the Nitto that love to talk back.

That's just my take, you probably have a tire in mind that fits your style and needs better. :watching:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. wjfyfe

wjfyfe Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sling ding-a-ling

Thanks Received:
    Slingshot SMOKIN' tires!!

8. uglyrider954

uglyrider954 Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice Sling Ding! ... This was my first burnout on the sling as I needed a new tire anyways. ((Disregard my redneck friends commentary)). Next time I'm going to start by going circles around a stationary person carrying a go pro and then moving the small burn circle to a larger one where I'm basically drifting sideways on a 30 foot radius and I was going to have a drone straight overhead filming as well. Well...That's my plan at least.