* Recommendations - I have 4k-5k Stereo Budget *

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Electronics' started by uglyrider954, Apr 14, 2016.

1. uglyrider954

uglyrider954 Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Hrmm... I was going to order them but I'm glad I didn't because the JL Marine speakers is what I have too. I did see the roll hoop Ssv pods and I'm def getting those but wanted to also add another set somewhere. Was hoping that you liked yours.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jonyb

jonyb Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    You can add an LED ring to the speaker to get more depth. I did that on my SS to get Focal ES165's in it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bohead

Bohead New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm in the process of putting my setup together. I've just finished installing the head unit, pods and 6.5s. I have the sub on order scheduled to deliver next week. Here's the list I went with.

Head unit: Parrot Asteroid Android head unit. Comes with Nav, Bluetooth, wifi and functions just like an android tablet. I've rooted it, upgraded the play store and can now use android radio apps in addition to just USB and SD storage

pods: SSV speaker pods. I was going to build my own, but the price was good and they are a pretty good build/volume for the 6.5s I was planning on using so I got these to save time and focus my efforts on the rest of the build.

Amp: JL Marine 600/6. M600/6 Chose this amp due to the low amperage draw but high power per channel. Its a 6 channel amp @ 100/chnl which can support 6 channel inputs then bridge down for power. I have 4 channels bridged down to power my 6.5s and 2 channels bridged down to power the sub. High and low pass filters to fine tune.

6.5s: Polk Audio MM series 651. MM651 - Polk Audio Thes have incredible ratings. Sensitivity is incredible with great power handing to maintain super crisp sound at very high volumes. Already installed and hooked up to the amp. They push very high volumes and I am very happy with the combo.

Sub: Since we have very small volume in the storages, I had to consider the setup an infinite baffle design and buy accordingly. Many subs push well if they are in a box with the appropriate cubic volume which I found were not very close to specs for many of the subs out there. I chose to source the Rockford Fosgate PM212s4 sub. Designed to function and push large volumes in an infinite baffle setup. Response rate is great and can hit the low 35hz. Rockford FosgateĀ® - PM212S4B. I am building the infinite baffle mounts now so haven't had a chance to test it yet. I have been testing my bridged amp output with an enclosed arc audio Foose sub and it rumbles great. Hopefully the RF rolls just as nicely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. SpeShees SS

SpeShees SS Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Look forward to hearing your review, haven't installed my stereo yet. Thanks for taking the time :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SB1274

SB1274 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the Kenwood 9903S deck which has Apple Car Play and Android Auto, can run 2 phones simultaneously. I ordered 2 custom pods, with just one, you can't hear the music at highway speeds. I'm going with Sundown Audio for subs. If you've never heard them, you need to listen to them. They make the W7's sound like a clock radio.

6. uglyrider954

Thanks Received:
    @Bohead sounds like a nice setup please post pics when it's done!

I got rid of my front ssv pods. I don't like how my leg covers the Tweeter on the coax and blocks the sound and I wanted more sound so I got a custom Pod from underground auto for $499 that will hold my JL 7.7 speakers which will give 20% more sound than my JL 6.5" hit harder and have a fuller sound. Jack at underground auto has been such a help. I decided to have him cut the hole for the 7.7 but I'm going to wait to do the Tweeter holes. Once my entire system is complete I'm going to put the tweeters on long temporary speaker lines and velcro them down below and then try them on the dashboard somewhere and drive around to see what sounds better while in motion before doing final installation. Total stereo budget is closer to $7000 now after new rear ssv pods go in and 7.7s with new custom painted front pods and additional amp. Should sound awesome with the new additions. Ill post up when complete.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bohead

Bohead New Member

Thanks Received:
    that looks pretty cool "ugly". Do you think you would be able to fit a 6x9 in there? if you can, the 6x9 should give you better range. Just go to make sure the driver will fit in there... not sure how deep that enclosure is.

8. uglyrider954

Thanks Received:
    The speaker will def fit they confirmed that and 6x9 would be nice but I want to keep it waterproof and with JL Audio to match rest of my system so 7.7 is best way to go since 8.8 won't fit.

9. Bohead

Bohead New Member

Thanks Received:
    ah ok gotcha.

10. shizzy2g

shizzy2g Active Member

Thanks Received:
    You need a audio control dqdx crossover it will make yor system sound 10 time better

• Like Like x 1
  11. uglyrider954

Thanks Received:
    Hrmm... I'll look into that.

12. uglyrider954

Thanks Received:
    @shizzy2g do you have one on your sling? I have an audison bit-10 sound processor in my car and it made quite a difference with my sound system.