No Swingarms available???

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Problems and Issues' started by Belzbug, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Belzbug

Belzbug Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Contacted my Slingshot dealer in Nashville, TN about doing my recalls. Was told they have been backordered from Polaris for the last two months with no delivery date yet from Polaris. Is this for real or is my dealer giving me the run around?????. Thanks for your input!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    You should have gotten on the recall list and had the parts ordered last December, not today. You'll be waiting in line with all the other procrastinators now.

The titanium swingarms are the most used and also the hardest to get because of same.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. BKL

BKL Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    I contacted my dealer as soon as I heard about the swing-arm recall beck in 2016. He ordered by early December and I've been waiting ever since. He says he hasn't gotten ANY titanium swing-arms. I've been delaying the install of my Hahn turbo until my swing-arm is replaced, but I'm getting tired of waiting and I'm getting PISSED at Polaris' lack of customer support! I placed my deposit in August 2014 and finally got my Slingshot within a couple months of Texas finally getting its legal head out of its butt! TBH, I don't give a crap about my swing-arm being black, grey, silver whatever, as long as it's a dark color (unless Polaris would like to powdercoat mine a Bright Yellow as a reward for the unforgivable wait they've imposed on me)!
    Forgot to add - Just got off the phone with my dealer and he says Polaris keeps delaying the availability each week and currently predicts not available until after the end of March! I hope they mean MARCH 2017 and not 2018!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. st103711

st103711 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had my swingarm ordered as soon as my dealer was allowed he already had my name on his list. I talked to him again on sat 18 and he told me he was only getting 1 and sometimes no titanium swingarms a week.

5. Blitzkrieg

Thanks Received:
    Brothers, there have been three (3) documented breakages at this point and they were not catastrophic. I recommend you inspect your swingarm for hairline fractures (ESPECIALLY if you hit a major pothole) and enjoy life until your replacement swingarm gets in.From what I read in the full report, we are not talking break in half - boom failures here. We are talking a hairline crack that gets worse if not noticed.

Chronology :
    Polaris became aware of one warranty claim for a broken swingarm on 6/8/16. Engineering became involved
    in July 2016 and began gathering data when two more swingarm fractures were reported (7/5/16, 7/6/16.)
    The supplier was engaged immediately and began root cause investigation of the manufacturing process. The
    decision to rule this a manufacturing defect was arrived at on 8/31/2016 once lab testing showed that
    production swingarms did not meet Polaris' in-house strength standards.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Fyrzout

Fyrzout Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm also in the still waiting but no delivery date expected.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BKL

BKL Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Gotta love Polaris' Customer DISService Department!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Belzbug

Belzbug Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Tried to back in December when the recall was first announced but they, the dealer was not putting people on a waiting list until they had a delivery time for the arms, that was back in December.

9. NatomasSlingshot1

NatomasSlingshot1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Was #1 on the list, when the recall first came out- At the dealer same day, and made sure. Followed up. The latest: Dealer was invoiced 2 1/2 weeks ago for a crap-load of swingarms- but still has no parts- they are supposedly on one of the polaris freight trucks........:mad:. Typical Polaris response- 2 more weeks...........

10. Blitzkrieg

Thanks Received:
    That sucks (your dealer). The minute the recall was announced I called my dealer and he said "You are on the list now" as he hit the enter button.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TimC

TimC Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I was changing dealer so I went to the new shop and had them order swingarm and recall stuff in December. Setup March 27th to drop off. I called them today and parts are in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dmoxley49

dmoxley49 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All,

I received, as did others I suspect, a letter from Polaris stating . . .

"We have aligned resources across the company and our dealer networks to ensure this process is executed quickly and accurately. With that said, we remain on track to deliver a majority of parts to update affected units in January of 2017."

I started my process to get the recall completed in Union City, TN back in January, and after many weeks of waiting, finally called Polaris Customer Service to get to the bottom of why a swing arm cannot be obtained. My Slingshot uses a titanium colored swing arm and as others have found out, this color seems to be the one that is hard to come by. Polaris stated that they are at zero balance (as of 03/22/17), however, did not offer to explain why. Also, I did not ask due to my BS tolerance tank being a little low at the time.

All of that explanation is just background and really does not add much that is new to the conversation.

The dealer on the other hand, seems to be able to get other colors with little wait times. That brings me to questions that perhaps others have already thought of and acted on. Has anybody moved forward with another color swing arm and either painted it, or just accepted the different color? Also, did your service person just shake his/her head, looking at you like you have two heads? To put it another way, are we looking at a technical difference in the swing arms that prevents a different part number from being used, or in my case is an SL swing arm regardless of color, the same from a functional standpoint?

My limit to waiting is until June of this year, when I need the SS to travel to Utah. The closer I get to that departure date, the more interested I will be in my different color idea.

Thanks in advance . . . any input will be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1