Music Options

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Electronics' started by Don Keebles, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Don Keebles

Don Keebles Active Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a nice system finally, aftermarket radio with backup camera, four speakers two of which are led changing colors and the rear sub woofer. Now the issue is music, radio is out just because I don't like the ads. I can play CD's but have so far been using a USB drive. I have plenty of music on them, over 2,000 but the drawback is selecting the folders which is a hassle while driving. Final straw for me was pulling up at a stop sign and it's playing Macho Man by the Village people. I've spent a lot of time building up my image and scaring little kids, even the occasional teenager and this was a definite negative. I have a number of toys, four motorcycles, two boats, one wife etc., and am looking at an alternative (I'll keep the wife, for now) . I'm thinking the XM radio with Bluetooth would fit the bill, can swap between toys and just have the one sub. Not sure if you need a mounting kit for each toy but will check into that. Anyone else done this?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope. Have NEVER played 'Macho Man' by the Village People...:rolleyes:

I just bluetooth all of my music from my phone. I use custom playlists so can listen to whatever I feel like & don't hear songs I don't like (if I don't like it, it's not in the playlist!).

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TravAZ

TravAZ Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    BT and use your phone.

Create playlists or use Pandora / Slacker radio of music you like.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. WI_Hedgehog

WI_Hedgehog Winner of the "Most Factory Defects" award Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Well, there you go. It seems the problem you're experiencing is your music is from the wrong century. If you're going to listen to music, it should at least be something recorded recently, but I can help there. Let's start you off with Adele, someone who's currently popular. Jack in "Hello," an apt introduction to music that won't make people cry.

That should make you feel good about yourself, and if not, try fluffy bunnies, or Gorillaz, or both!

See, you can have it all!! (Even with Adele.)

If not, Beat It old man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Reese

Reese Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I am running my playlist on Amazon music and it sounds great in my Black SL LE

6. WI_Hedgehog

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    So I got in-boxed: What if you're a girl?

Well, that's a problem.
    I got the wrong parts for any of that there schananaganz...

But if YOU'RE a girl, you might want to Try some Pink. (She's kind of in the middle of the whole boy-girl thing, not sure how she gender-identifies, but traditionally, pink is a girl's color, which may be why she calls herself "pink," so people know which side of the gender-fence her clothes are a hangin'.)

If you're a boy who wants to be a girl, you could try Michael Jackson. But we covered that. That kind of tom-foolery leads to Bad Romance anyway.

'Cuz that s#*t ain't right..

That's okay, go out dancing with your girlfriends and get drunk.

You'll be on the floor, wriggling to Salt'N'Pepa from the 80's, drenched in sweat.

You gonna try to pick up a Sharp Dressed Man, good, bad, or badder. Yeah, you be lookin' for badder...cuz you drunk.

I'll hit it.

B*tc#, wake me up before you go...I don't want the mayo gettin' warm on the counter when you make me a sammich.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. aobfarm

aobfarm Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    @Don Keebles, I have a removable XM receiver that does well for me. You can hook it up using usb, aux cable or by tuning the XM unit to a frequency and tuning the SS unit to the same. Works well. I have an older Onyx model but it does everything needed and $20 on eBay gets me as many car kits as I want so it can go in anything.

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you been dipping into @SlungLow 's 'shine stash again...?! :confused::wacky:;):p:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Roadog1aj

Roadog1aj Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    He be bustin a Blue Flame all day long Dude!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. WI_Hedgehog

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Put some miles on this morning, clear black sky, full moon, perfect humidity to make it feel "soft" out. At 3:30AM there aren't many cars out, just kind of hit that "fast mellow."

• Like Like x 2
  11. WI_Hedgehog

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Gotcha covered!

(slightly different strut)
    (man this thread got jacked!)
    OMG! I thiought this was the Strut Bar from Rist Rocket Racing thread! Friday after-party was so rough!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. WI_Hedgehog

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Today is Good Friday, and I got called in to work. Yesterday was a pre-holiday party (I'mah call it that), so that makes today holy-hangover day, otherwise known as "sitting on the Internet."

Don't know about you, but sometimes the ride gets parked and I just walk around in the city looking for interesting things. Since it just snowed and I'm at the shop, let's see what the Internet can provide.

• Winner Winner x 2