Led's on bottom from bumper

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Electronics' started by G-madness-bikerz, Jan 26, 2017.

1. G-madness-bikerz

G-madness-bikerz Active Member

Thanks Received:
    One day when I was at berts mega mall (motorcycle dealership in so call) I saw a custom. Slingshot that they had done that had led's on the bottom bumper without a splitter add on... They literally added it to the bottom of the stock bumper... It looked clean.. I was wondering if anyone here has done something like that... Kinda find it hard to spend a couple hundred bucks on the led splitter kit when I can add 10 dollars worth of leds myself to the stock bumper... I'm gonna do it this week but was hoping for some tips from anyone who might have done it themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sling ding-a-ling

Sling ding-a-ling Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. G-madness-bikerz

Thanks Received:
    Yes but without the splitter piece... Just slapping some leds onto the existing bottom bumper.. But yes I'm looking for that same effect... Don't need the switch backs with the amber tho.

4. Br4hm4

Br4hm4 I'm huge in Japan...

Thanks Received:
    A local guy here got a set of LED lights and drilled in to the front spoiler and has a full set across the front. Individual lights vs an LED strip, but it looks good and has it tied it in to his blinker.

5. Sling ding-a-ling

Thanks Received:
    No splitter according to them. "Unlike other products on the market, this product does not lower your ground clearance because it mounts directly to the front of the spoiler itself."

• Like Like x 1
  6. SlingMods

SlingMods Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    @Sling ding-a-ling @G-madness-bikerz Ding-A-Ling is correct :) The DRL version is just a LED strip itself with no splitter. I do have ones that have a splitter piece but currently out of stock. I sent you a PM kind of explaining the differences!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cycle Springs

Cycle Springs Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
  8. G-madness-bikerz

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm lookin more for someone who just bought a roll of leds and slapped them on themselves... Not trying to spend a couple hundred dollars on leds.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sling ding-a-ling

Thanks Received:
    Can't help you with that one. But I will say, there is definitely something to be said for having a premade kit that comes with all of the connectors and instructions to help you do it the right way and not a sloppy wiring nightmare. IMHO....Unless you have some good wiring skills, it's tough to make sure you get done safely and reliably. Maybe by the time you buy all of the connectors and wire, you may be headed to over the $100.00 mark anyway.
    I am pretty good at putting stuff together. I consider myself smarter than the average weekend oil changer, but even when it comes to improvements around the house, I want it done right. I prefer to either have a kit so that I know what to expect and look for OR I pay someone to do it. Just my .02 USD.

10. Chapps

Chapps New Member

Thanks Received:
    I could not agree more i have the eyebrow leds and they were an easy install and the lights are direction too. Could not ask for a better fi and looks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  11. G-madness-bikerz

Thanks Received:
    Appreciate the feedback... I just feel something as simple as leds shouldn't be so expensive... I did the lower brow leds myself... Spent about 25 bux in parts, the same parts that are provided by slingmods in their kit... And it came out flawless... We'll see how this goes... I'm installing them now

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Pete-Man

Pete-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am right there with you, I already scrape the front end while entering in to my driveway and its so narrow that I can't come at it at enough of an angle to prevent it. I'd love these but taking away ground clearance isn't an option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1