Finally Rid of Front End Vibrations

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Wheels and Tires' started by turbobuick, Apr 16, 2017.

1. turbobuick

turbobuick Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Most of us don't know this, but as your tires wear the balance of them changes. I also had a fear of taking trips especially back roads of getting a flat.
    I forgot what I've done to my previous motorcycles, and that was add "Ride-On Protection".
    Not only is it self sealing from punctures but it also balances out the tires without or even with existing weights. By continuous balancing the tire, it lasts longer due to better wear . Now I'm not in anyway connection with this company ( just sharing to help anyone else)but I just ordered 4 bottles (for cars/suvs)and installed over the weekend and all I can say is what a difference of the SS ride especially at higher speeds. One of my worst fears was on my way to a large motorcycle event to get a flat and be stranded or ruin the weekend.. Don't confuse this stuff with that green slime.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bikerbill

bikerbill Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Just went to their web site and find all product designated for Motorcycles is marked 'sold out'.

3. wjfyfe

wjfyfe Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    What happens in colder weather, we do a fair share of riding with the temps sometimes in the teens?

Bill

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. turbobuick

Thanks Received:
    For Slingshot use , you purchase the one for car/suv, (we have car tires on the SS)

Cold weather does not change anything. I've used this product on my past 3 motorcyles and never had a flat (but had punctures) and l got better mileage(wear)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Yochemate

Yochemate Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
  6. ZimDog

ZimDog Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I can "testify"! The stuff works. I put two new tires on my Kawasaki Vulcan 750 -- never had them balanced. Used Ride-On and after a few miles of riding (required for the Ride-On to get evenly distributed) she balanced right out...even at 90+ it was rock solid.

Even if you don't get it for the hydrodynamic balancing, it will still save you from being stranded from a tread puncture flat.

Worth the $$ in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. turbobuick

Thanks Received:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. sooey2u

sooey2u Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Have used it for years, over 100k miles, with trailer & hitch dolly, with great results. No flats even when pulling out large nails and screws.
    It is important to check your tires often because a nail or screw will tear through if left in long enough to wallow out the hole.
    Robert
    1492547650787391447376.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. TimC

TimC Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice setup Sooey!
    Never seen a dolly like that.

I got rid of my front-end vibration shortly after being married.. got it back with my girlfreind :rage:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 2SierraRomeo

2SierraRomeo Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Intriguing... odd though, that you can find the motorcycle formula like crazy all over Amazon and E-bay, but none of the automotive formula. You'd think if someone is a dealer for them and has a store on E-bay, they'd offer any formula the company makes.

Hugely skeptical myself. I had to look to ensure it wasn't still April 1st. So it balances your tire, then your tire wears to the point of being unbalanced again, and it magically knows to re-liquefy itself to solve the problem? Or, if it's always liquid, when I park, does it fall to the lowest point in the tire, making me hugely out of balance until I make it to the highway again? Tire service centers must hate dealing with sticky gunk on the wheels and tires.

Oh, their website claims it'll make your tires last 25% longer. Hmmmm, I'm going to dig further and see if this company also makes muffler bearings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. turbobuick

Thanks Received:
    Have you had 1st hand experience? Or you're just one of those trolls talking out the other end?
    You remind me of someone on the Victory Vision forum that was a "Hater" of having gone to the dark side (car tire for the rear) and never tried/ experience. (and there is documented over 1500 goldwing'ers with nothing but positive results)
    By the way, the nature of my original post was to contribute back to this forum due to all its riders I've gathered/learned information.
    To add some more personal experience, on my 2008 Victory Vision that I put 92k miles on I would only get 8-10k miles on the Dunlop Elite 3 tires until I added ride-on protection then started getting 15-16k miles and had a few nail punctures but zero flats-go figure!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 2SierraRomeo

2SierraRomeo Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Dear Mr. Turbobuick-

It would seem that the extreme passion you are holding for this particular product is clouding your interpersonal communication skills. To review our very brief interchange, I first made the accurate observation of product availability. I then simply declared myself skeptical, followed by logical questions supporting that skepticism. I closed by just restating a somewhat dubious claim the company has made on their advertising/website.

This in turn, you took as a personal attack to your ego. The ego, built on the emotion of fear and lacking the ability to be rationally cognizant, only knows to retaliate an attack, in order to justify what it cannot. You irrationally asked if I had 1st had experience, when it was overwhelmingly clear from my language that I have not. Then on cue, the ad hominem attacks begin. And wow, I remind you of a “Hater” on “Victory Vision”. Well, he must be quite a good-looking fellow who also has a knack for logical questions regarding a product with extraordinary claims. Oddly, you felt necessary to mention that the nature of your post was to contribute experience and information learned, when that is what every one of us is doing when we begin a thread. However, this information you claim to possess was unable to answer my questions about the product. But that’s OK, I will find the answers elsewhere, if the time presents itself and I feel so inclined. The good news is, this is an excellent growth opportunity for you, if you were to use some introspection to discover why your ego was compelled to irrationally attack someone over such benign dialog and questions. It may be happening elsewhere in your life and be the root cause of unwanted issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1