Exotic car(s) owners, do you get more attention on your SS than your Ferrari, Lambo etc?

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot vs The Competition' started by Jimmy540i, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Donald B

Donald B Member

Thanks Received:
    it would suck to have a hunk of plastic that cost hundreds of thousands less, steal all your glory!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. harleyujoe

harleyujoe Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a Lotus Evora that is rather rare to be seen and would say I get equal response when driving or parking.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rodderr

Rodderr Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    image.jpeg I don't have a Ferrari or Lambo in my garage, but I do have quite a variety of neat vehicles. When people enter they rarely go to the SS, everybody has their favorites. a lot of the time it's something they can afford that attracts their attention.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DKF Texas

DKF Texas Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    There is that mustang I so love!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. UK_Paul

UK_Paul Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Went for a test run in an SS at a BikeFest in Ireland (Europe) a couple of months ago. As we pulled out onto the main road a Ferrari just stopped in the opposing lane and the driver's jaw dropped.

I think that says it all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kenji226

kenji226 Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't own anything exotic, just the T/A and the Lightning in my avatar, but the Slingshot definitely draws more attention than either of those. I went to Cars and Coffee today. It was fun to see people walk past Ferrari's and Lambo's, cars that cost almost ten times the price of a Slingshot, to look at it. Also, three McLarens and even a Noble were there. Dozens of high end exotics, but I guess everyone is used to seeing those there. Maybe it was the bright blue that drew their attention.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Daniel Pexton

Daniel Pexton New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not surprised ... I took my SS to a Car Show and had a crowd around it all the time I was there!
    Although I was there to see the cars, I hung out at my SS, and was telling the people all about it.
    It's funny how so many people compare it to the Batmobile ... lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Turbosling

Turbosling Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    Defiantly slingshot

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BKL

BKL Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    A couple years ago, I spent the $100+ for an opportunity to take several laps around a road course set up at a local racing facility driving a Lamborghini Gallardo. I frequently receive offers to repeat the experience, but now that I have my Slingshot, I'd just as soon spend the money on my Slingshot.
    I should also add that a local car group holds a classic car show every other Saturday not too far from our house. I've seen a few exotics and Slingshots parked near the show, but I don't think they allow them in the actual show area.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Br4hm4

Br4hm4 I'm huge in Japan...

Thanks Received:
    I spent a lot of time debating the sale of my Slingshot to pick up either a Lotus Evora or a Nissan GTR. But people like @Blitzkrieg and the rest of the Slingshot community talked me in to sticking it out in the SS and well...no "regerts" here. lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. harleyujoe

harleyujoe Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a Lotus Evora and I luv the machine and the pure handling and ride it gives.
    But the Slingshot gives more adrenaline driving than my Lotus.
    And of course I could not take apart Evora like I have the Slingshot and giving me a more
    individual vehicle. IMG_0007_2.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I just base my opinions on my own experience. :)

I thought about buying another Carrera 4S because I love them, but.... The SS is an open canvas. No SMOG inspections involved, very fun to drive and gets way more love, questions and attention than any sports car I have owned ever did. And I actually enjoy driving it more than any sports car I've ever owned. I read on a review of the SS a guy saying in his opinion the SS is the closest thing to a modern incarnation of a vintage British roadster that money can buy. I agree.

You want a heater and leather seats, buy a car. You want a pure, visceral open air experience..... SS.

On the rare occasions I see another SS, the first thought that crosses my mind is "Like me, the brother/sister dances to the beat of a different drummer". And that's a good thing.

No Ragrets here. :)

• Like Like x 2