Disassembly

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Builds' started by fuddydud, Jun 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RedSling

RedSling New Member

Thanks Received:
    I want to install a spoiler on the rear deck of my Slingshot. I'm looking at this one

56 Inch Universal GT JDM 3D Carbon Fiber CF Rear Racing Trunk Spoiler Wing Deck | eBay

It would need to be screwed into something under the rear decking. Is it possible? If so, how do I remove the rear deck?

Barry

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks to @Painter for providing an entire series of YouTube videos for various panel removals. #12 covers rear panel removal & is provided here:

• Like Like x 3
  3. TravAZ

TravAZ Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    You would want to make and use some sort of metal brace on the bottom side of the rear deck plastic. Without it, you will probably see cracking over time.

Why not just spend a couple hundred of more dollars and buy one that mounts to the roll bars? It is way less work and probably much more secure there too. Just my opinion though...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MRD

MRD Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Pretty basic disassembly, just keep your bolts, screws and push pins separated to speed reassembly. Nothing difficult really if you have the tools.

5. BKL

BKL Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Personally, I like the looks of the Universal Wing @RedSling is thinking about using. While I would be reluctant to drill the steel tubing that provides most of the Slingshot's frame, since the rear structure is primarily aluminum, drilling that to attach a sheet of aluminum or angle aluminum should not be a problem. I'd also worry about a Wing interfering w/my TD Top or access to my gas tank opening.

6. rusty davis

rusty davis Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    No sir. Most everything is no problem to remove. Some longer than others. You can UTUBE most anything.

7. Fla Tom

Fla Tom Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    rhanks I just put a set in my cart.(i just bought 2 more tool chests on black friday and need to fill them lol)

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I've actually been a little surprised at how much I have used them. They are really, really handy for working on sensitive areas where prying with a screwdriver would be a disaster.