Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Cheap Wheel Mod SL

6K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  rusty davis 
#1 ·
Gotta bring the SS in to get the recall done so I took off the new wheels and put the stocks back on. They were looking kinda plain so I did a little spicing up, Check it out!

Attachments

See less See more
#19 ·
Got a cheaper idea that and looks great. I pinstriped mine with 3m pinstriping tape the same width as the outside edge of the rim. Have been on my sling over 6mo and through numerous car washes and is still holding. People think they are factory wheels. They sell the striping kits too. But my way is much cheaper.

#13 ·
Sold almost 70 sets and only 2 small problems that were easily resolved. So you couldn't figure out how to put on a sticker on and it's garbage? You didn't even ask for assistance?
One customer doesn't recommend and 64 others do :rolleyes: that's harsh, I've already sent your money back you don't even have a to ask:wtf: Sorry but hard to keep quite when your not given a chance to help

#16 ·
I'm not "technical" at all but I managed to get mine on without any issues. Like @WingShot said, get them damp so you can move them until they are where you want them and that's it. Mine fit perfect, got LOTS of comments in the Smokies. Not sure what 'transfer tape' you are refering to, I just peeled them off the paper and put them on the rim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.