Call from Dealer about Recall

Discussion in 'Northeast Slingshot Owners' started by rickgi, Feb 16, 2017.

1. rickgi

rickgi Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Interesting, received a call from MOMS dealership, Foxboro. They wanted to schedule an appointment to do the recalls, I guess because they're not too busy now and will attempt to minimize the Spring rush. Anyway, they offered to pick it up and drop off, nice convenience! I'll just remove the winter blanket, disconnect the battery tender, and let them pick up. Given the weather here in NE, and my advanced years, I probably won't be riding till May anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. EjFord

EjFord Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Lot of the dealers (good ones) are picking up the Slingshots doing repairs ...

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I drove my SS 70 miles each way in sub 40F weather to get it to my (chosen) dealer and honestly it wasn't too bad.

I didn't ask for pickup and delivery because I'm a mans man. John Wayne would call me brother. Clint Eastwood would call me his younger and better looking brother from another mother. :)

Joking aside - I am a pussy when it comes to cold weather open exposure vehicles. I've ridden bikes for a long, long time in Colorado and I've learned that sometimes shit goes sideways where Mother Nature is involved.

So... I had my girlfriend go to BB&B and pick me up a $50 heated seat thing, I bundled up with layers and my Canadian Army Surplus Wool underwear that I bought when I lived in Winnipeg (where cold means really, really, really cold) and hit the road.

It really wasn't as bad as I expected. On the trip up, my knees got cold. But the seat heater kept my body core an ass pretty warm.

Main thing is I wanted to find out what my limits are with cold and the SS on dry roads. I figured that out, and I am good to about 35F @ 70MPH, 30F at slower speeds.The wind is the killer losing body heat.

My .02.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Thecowboy319

Thecowboy319 Member

Thanks Received:
    I called the closest dealer to me in Danbury Ct to try and schedule a time to have the recalls done, they said they will order the parts and a month later I called back and they said all the parts were in except the swing arm but they can't say when it will be in and set a date to have it all done yet, I said I understood fully and would like to have a general service done while it's there and they said sure but in the 3 phone calls in 2 months never once offered to pick it up.... I was gunna have it towed there thru AAA who I happen to subcontract for with the towing outfit I manage but I'm surprised now they didn't even offer.... I didn't even think of asking :/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ZimDog

ZimDog Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Is your swing arm the 2016 SL LE 'Indy Red' color by chance? I called my dealer the 2nd week of Jan and asked them to get the parts ordered...as of this past Monday, the swing arm has not been sent by Polaris.

I'm wondering if they might be doing them in 'color batches' and the Indy Red ones are at the tail end...

6. Thecowboy319

Thecowboy319 Member

Thanks Received:
    Its the 16.5 grey... they said the factory is still building them.

7. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Parts are in and have been since last Friday. Weather is 38 degrees and with a 60 to 70 mph wind driving the Sling what would that figure out to be in wind chill? Dealer asked me to bring it up since the parts are there and they want me to have it ready to go when the weather moderates. I told him I would pass and wait but I appreciated the call. I am worried about getting it there and then the weather going "north" on us and not being able to get it back home. If we get a good day I will ride it as Polaris has not issued a stop ride so all must be good and it isn't an emergency to have it fixed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. andymo

andymo Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Stopped to see my dealer today and he still hasn't heard anything from Polaris on swingarm shipments.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. EjFord

EjFord Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    The parts have to be ordered by VIN #, Polaris is not shipping at random...

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Just got mine back from the dealer. Picked up and delivered by trailer. All recalls done. There seemed to be several more than when we first started plus a warrenty issue. So all total, all is done and back in the garage, and ready to ride. Tomorrow is set for 60 degrees, who wants to go for a ride. Central Illinois.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. bostonrave

bostonrave New Member

Thanks Received:
    Slingshot Insurance - Quotes for MA? Just got a SS and got my recall started on wait list for a month perhaps. Most insurance companies I called said they don't insure the SS. Any suggestions on who to call? Also are we planning a New England SS meet up / cruise? :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. EjFord

EjFord Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Give Dan a call....he is in Texas but can insure across several state line... He probably has more Slingshot insured than any other agent. Handles most of the companies that will insure the Slingshot and there are only 5 or 6 that will. I saved 38% over working locally.
    And the only thing he has is the Slingshot.

My independent agent couldn't find a company that would even come close. He said 'do it'....

Dan Herrera
    TWFG Insurance Services
    (832) 364-6630 phone
    (832) 412-3195facsimile
    sales@buymotorcycleinsurance.com
    www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com