Battery [ cables location maintainance meter removal replacement specification specs tender upgrade

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Electronics' started by RABTECH, Dec 1, 2014.

1. RABTECH

RABTECH Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I received a text from my salesman today. He was just letting me know that the other red SL they sold left the guy stranded today. The battery cable was loose. I checked mine and it was fine. I just thought it was worth mentioning because its to easy to check it rather than walk....

I thought it was nice of the salesman to give me a text about it. :D

I just went out and check it again and wiggled it a bit.. It was actually looser than i first thought.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. ultraron

ultraron Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I just added a battery tender to mine and the positve cable was loose. Put the end for the charger into the storage compartment behind the drivers seat.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wriggly

Wriggly Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Must be using the same people from the Indian line. This is quite common on the Indian motorcycles too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. RABTECH

Thanks Received:
    Well by golly it may be a small issue. Maybe someone else has checked theirs and can report back to us...

5. aacord

aacord Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I was at the Polaris dealer in Beckley WV while they were setting up the new SL and SS and both had loose positive battery terminals. The back positive post is difficult to reach so that is probably why it is not properly torqued. Quality Control ?????

6. TravAZ

TravAZ Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Who needs a working battery from the factory?!? :facepalm:

Just put it in gear and push start it each time you want to go somewhere. :p;)

I really have a feeling that I will want to help me dealer set mine up and check for all these issues that have been brought up. Afterall, I probably have a better list for lookout items then the techs and I have watched the same service videos as them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Contact Tower

Contact Tower Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Most of these issues really are the fault of the dealer either rushing through them or just not knowing what to do yet.

8. TravAZ

TravAZ Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Couldn't agree more. Nothing that has been posted scares me too much.

Although, being stranded in a SS because it wont start and you don't know why would have been mildly annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. RABTECH

Thanks Received:
    I watched them drive these units off the truck in delivery videos. They were fully ready to roll and had some fuel in it. I know there is a dealer pre delivery check sheet but I would expect the battery cable to be tight from the mfg facility.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Ss4473SL

Ss4473SL Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone posted this dealer checklist yet? I'm sure if it exist one of the great dealers on these boards must have it. With SOME dealers charging 1k+ for "prep" and giving stories about a long and labor intensive prep jobs I would like to see this list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. infostrada748

infostrada748 Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Everyone should inspect their new SS and send the bill (setup fee) to the dealers. Seriously if someone is paying over $1000 (in some case over $2000) for the set up fees for the vehicles that are not properly inspected should be able to get a refund with a valid argument and a decent lawyer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jdskycaster

jdskycaster Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Have not seen an official checklist yet but unless they are arriving in a bunch of very small pieces (which we know they are not as they are driven off the trucks) then any dealers charging prep fees are just skinning buyers for extra cash. All my new sleds arrive in a crate and require some time and patience to setup properly. I don't pay any setup fees on those either.