Anyone in the NW done a track day at PIR?

Discussion in 'West and West Coast Slingshot Owners' started by FireSling, Jan 10, 2017.

1. FireSling

FireSling Member

Thanks Received:
    im not looking at moding my sling to race it, but would be great to take it to a track where I could drive "enthusiastically" legally. I know PIR does different types of club days and such but was curious if anyone had any experience yet with throwing a sling around out there and if it would have to be with other mc's instead of cars.

2. SlingLow

SlingLow Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Good morning @FireSling. I agree! I have a buddy that has raced PIR for years. I just put a call into him for info and will let you know if he has anything useful. I haven't raced there since the high-school days (1970's) when we would pull our cherry bombs, put on wrinkle-walls, dump in a little av-gas and beat the living s#!t out of our late-sixties muscle cars! Wish I still had 'em.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. BryanL

BryanL Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd be very interested in this too.

4. silverfox

silverfox Active Member

Thanks Received:
    I went to PIR (Portland International Raceway, Ore) 2016, just to do a few ET runs. Short of the story is, PIR is a NHRA track. NHRA has not approved the Sling for safety or ability to run on any of the tracks. Maybe over the winter they have entertained that subject?? Call your local track officials and see what they day.
    You will need a SNELL approved full face (one piece) helmet to run.