Anibal Automotive Evolution SS Body Kits for the Polaris Slingshot

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Accessories and Appearance' started by Wild Bill, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like to know how many owners or former owners are out there that have never received their parts or Evolution Body Kits originally sold by Mike Mtl and Anibal, These are the same kits currently being offered by Cycle Springs. I am curious if they ever satisfied the people that put deposits or paid for kits as far back as two years ago. If you were made whole what is your experience with the quality of the product?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    You do know the whole saga behind these guys and how many people they ripped off right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wild Bill

Thanks Received:
    Yes,
    I have been watching this for several years now. I am just trying to get a handle on how many people are still out there that got screwed over by these guys. Cycle Springs became the official US distributor for the product and I honestly wouldn't buy a thing from them if they are handling the Evolution kit produced by Anibal until they take care of all the people that were screwed over. Did Cycle Springs buy the tooling or is he still buying from those guys? Don't know. This issue was receiving an enormous amount of posts then suddenly dropped off the map. Why? So these guys can come back and screw more people. I am sending this as a PM as I'm not sure it would be posted if a regular reply. I don't think that Cycle Springs did anything wrong and I am aware that they tried to help a number of Anibal customers. However, having the leverage that they do I would think they could put a lot of pressures on Anibal. Sort of a boycott of the product until the old customers are taken care of. Of course I am sure some of the people that got screwed have sold their cars and no longer are going to be looking for the product. However, they should get their money back in that case.

Bill

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sturgisrun

sturgisrun Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know this story--> How about filling us 'new' folks on what happened????

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sling ding-a-ling

Sling ding-a-ling Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    The countdown begins. Any guess how long this thread will exist this time before it's deleted?:banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SlingLow

SlingLow Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    3:27 am. Administrators never sleep.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. SpeShees SS

SpeShees SS Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I did get mine, but only because of assistance from Cycle Springs. Quality on mine is good with the exception of a small stress fracture in front fender that Cycle Springs is going to repair and repaint at no cost to me. While I can find plenty of fault with the way Mike and Anibal handled the inception of the body kit, my experience with Cycle Springs has been 100 percent positive. If you are considering purchasing one I would highly recommend going thru cycle springs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Cycle Springs

Cycle Springs Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    Good morning. Cycle Springs did not buy the tooling/molds for these kits. We are in the process of selling the remaining kits we have in stock and eliminating these from our accessories due to the issues with Anibal. All of the orders we have ever had for these kits have been filled 100%. Please contact Anibal to verify what they intend to do to fix those orders that have not been filled. I hope this helps clarify that Cycle Springs has nothing to do with the orders that Anibal received from customers directly and the delivery of those orders. We are not ordering anymore kits from Anibal due to these issues as we want our customers to be taken care of from all of our vendors.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wild Bill

Thanks Received:
    There were Hundreds of pages of posts on the Evolution Saga dating back to the first quarter of 2014. They have all vanished. That's just wrong. I am aware that some members got their kits through Cycle Springs but I question how many got screwed over and never were made whole. I'm sure a number sold their Slingshots in disgust. I am going to check the other Slingshot Forum to see if they have any of the old information

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    cycle springs right on. thanks for taking care of your customers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wild Bill

Thanks Received:
    I applaud the position and post by Cycle Springs although I personally believe it should have come earlier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Cycle Springs

Cycle Springs Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    We have responded to the old post last year of the same position towards this issue. We have always wanted to make sure our customers are being taken care of. These orders were placed with Anibal. We have no control of how Anibal takes care of those orders. We can only control the orders that were placed with us which have all been fulfilled to 100%.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1