Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Alpha Monster 62RR

58K views 524 replies 47 participants last post by  Tripod 
#1 · (Edited)
#14 ·
Project 62RR has started.

View attachment 26876
I know this is going to be awesome; probably like the black one we saw in the commercial video . However, before getting to involved in this new monster, it sure would really be nice if you would complete the "Alpha Stage 2 Turbo Kit" first and get it on the market.

#20 ·
Currently working a nuclear power plant refueling outage. It's a two unit plant. Each main generator is 1250 MW. The main gen is turned by a series of steam turbines (1 high pressure & 3 low pressure). If you convert the 1250 megawatts of electrical energy into horsepower, you get 1,675,603.217 HP. That's some serious power!

#38 ·
It all depends on what you want. The big turbo companies, Garrett, Precision, KKK, Borg, etc...... All are about the same now days for basic turbo's. When your looking to make massive HP then they all have their specials. Precision is popular because the price point is right and its not a cheap Chinese turbo. The billet and CEA tech is good and works well. I've been running PTE turbos on my high HP supra's for years with no problems and good results.

For a slingshot that's making less than 300 hp you can't go wrong with a Precision because of the price. A comparable Garrett is allot more $$.

#39 ·
It all depends on what you want. The big turbo companies, Garrett, Precision, KKK, Borg, etc...... All are about the same now days for basic turbo's. When your looking to make massive HP then they all have their specials. Precision is popular because the price point is right and its not a cheap Chinese turbo. The billet and CEA tech is good and works well. I've been running PTE turbos on my high HP supra's for years with no problems and good results.

For a slingshot that's making less than 300 hp you can't go wrong with a Precision because of the price. A comparable Garrett is allot more $$.
So lets say I want a Garrett in my kit vs the Precision.. What is the difference in build quality and price?

#40 ·
We can't do that because of the differences in the turbo. Our tune was done on a precision. If you wanted a Garrett you would have to have bob do a custom tune on your machine. Price off the top of my head is probably 500 difference. However on a stage 2 tune because its reading boost it might work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.