Adding a little Italian flare and seats

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Builds' started by Blitzkrieg, Oct 10, 2016.

1. kyslingshot

kyslingshot Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    ALERT ALERT!!!!

Thread HiJack!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Okay, back to the Momo. That wheel.... I can't wait to get it on. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. coz375

coz375 Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    How are you able to get rid of the clock spring?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blitzkrieg

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    That is still in the works. What I am thinking is that since the only thing the clock spring does on the SS is the horn, I might adapt an early Honda or Toyota horn spring assembly.

What I'll probably do is pick up a few junk yard pieces and see what will work and then order new if they look shot. Regardless, I will document what works and make it available to the fine folks here who want to do the same.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WI_Hedgehog

WI_Hedgehog Winner of the "Most Factory Defects" award Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    You don't need the clock spring assembly, most any ribbon cable will do. The round plastic box provides a smooth surface so it doesn't wear or vibrate badly. The springy assembly is a great idea, just a poor implementation (I repaired one, trust me on this).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dennis Tapp

Dennis Tapp Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure what you are trying to do with the steering wheel but I have the very same wheel on my Slingshot. Bought the steering wheel adapter from Cyclesprings an bolted it up. Horn works great. There is a plate that goes between the adapter and steering wheel that lets the horn wires run thru. Don't make it complicated. Works great and was bolted up in a few minutes. I do own a wheel puller and that made it easy. The only real problem you might have is the splines might not line up perfect to make your steering wheel straight as you drive down the road. I had to adjust my toe to make it perfect, but was easy to do. Moved one tire one way and the other the opposite way. I also have the toe in brackets for this. I am one that does not think you have to have a laser to do this. Dennis

7. Tripod

Tripod Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    IMG_9518.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Blitzkrieg

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    You have the same Momo I do?

If so lets talk when you have a few. If you PM me your # and a good time that would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sling ding-a-ling

Sling ding-a-ling Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a BLITZ created thread. Would you expect anything less? Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Blitzkrieg

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to do the Sparco hub adapter and Momo shortly today.

I'm going to document everything with some good pictures and notes on a few items I was confused on (related to the instructions). The Momo is a work of art but the instructions are generic to all Momo wheels and I had to look at everything after a few beers to understand what the little pictures and X's were saying. The is almost no text (and I hate stick figure instructions).

The Sparco hub adapter is a really nice unit out of the box. I am hoping that since Polaris is using them on the production line for the SLR... Good to go finally.

Not a knock on the Assault adapter but no matter what I did I could not get it to stop clicking and occasionally lightly binding and when I hit the point of diminishing return, time to move on to something else.

@Dennis Tapp and I just discussed (he has the same Momo wheel) and I think we are both curious how well the Sparco hub adapter works out.

More to follow....

• Like Like x 2
  11. 2W2X1

2W2X1 Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Interested in seeing the horn assembly for this. Whether to adapt from another vehicle or how the slingshotonly.com version works.

I am considering switching my steering wheel again. Using a NRG wheel with stock clock spring and it is working fine. However I am not pleased with the flex of the steering wheel.

I wen't with the forever sharp steering wheel adapter. Nothing fancy, but helped increase distance from driver to wheel reach. Where as some of the adapters the vendors are selling for the SS are reducing the reach and placing the steering wheel a great distance away from the dash.

What Sparco seats did you get? cloth?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blitzkrieg

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    I haven't bought the seats yet Joey. That and suspension are on the to do list for this winter. I sat in a bunch of seats at the shop, but w/o spending a whole lot of time the Sparco EVO's were super, super comfy and supportive. You feel like you are climbing into a shoe, but I like a lot of side bolster and under thigh support so I liked them a lot.

Right now I am debating suspension or seats. I dislike the stock suspension more than the stock seats so think that suspension will probably be #1, seats #2. Gotta be careful though, getting into that insanity level of money spent on mods. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1