2016 Polaris Slingshot SL Limited Black Pearl

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot News/Rumors' started by dascrow, Jul 27, 2015.

1. dascrow

dascrow Administrator Moderator

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Get ready for some darkness! Tonight Polaris has unleashed the new 2016 Polaris Slingshot SL Limited in Black Pearl with Indy Red Accents. More to come so stay tuned!

SL LE FEATURES
    • Limited Black Pearl Paint with Indy Red Accents
    • Shortened and Tinted Blade Wind Deflectors
    • Premium 18” Cast Aluminum Front Wheels, 20” Cast Aluminum Rear Wheel
    • Media Console: 4.3” LCD Screen, Backup Camera, 6 Speaker Audio System, Bluetooth® Integration
    • Interior LED Lighting Kit
    After turning heads across the country in Red Pearl and Titanium Metallic, Polaris® Slingshot® is adding a striking new edition to its line-up – the Black Pearl SL Limited Edition – starting this August. Fans took to Twitter and Facebook asking Polaris to release a black Slingshot® and the brand delivered in a big way at the 2015 Las Vegas Dealers Show. In addition to its sleek new color, the Slingshot® Black Pearl SL Limited Edition features dramatic Indy Red color accents on its frame rails, coil springs and swing arm as well as black seats with grey accents. The new Slingshot® is packed with exhilarating features including a new low profile tinted blade windscreen that gives the vehicle a more aggressive look and an interior LED white and blue lighting package for an adrenaline-charged nighttime driving experience. Beginning in August, dealers will be receiving a limited quantity of this eye-catching model.

“The Black Pearl LE represents everything Slingshot stands for – exhilaration, innovation and head-turning design.” said Craig Scanlon, vice president of Slingshot®. “With limited quantities available of this new Slingshot, we expect the demand to be huge.”

The unique Slingshot® experience includes:

·A low, wide stance allowing drivers to feel the rush of pavement under the seat

·An open-air cockpit for a 360-degree rush of sight, sound and smell

·A shared riding experience, giving the driver and passenger to get a front row shot of adrenaline

·Optimized weight distribution and proprietary low-profile tires for maximum cornering

·A lightweight design for powerful acceleration

Slingshot® Trim Levels:

Slingshot® is now offered in three distinct trim levels for a limited time only. The base Slingshot® has a starting U.S. MSRP of only $21,199 features titanium metallic paint, 17 inch lightweight alloy wheels upfront and an 18 inch wheel in the rear. The premium Slingshot® SL, with a starting U.S. MSRP of only $25,199 features Red Pearl paint, larger 18 inch cast aluminum wheels upfront and a 20 inch wheel in the rear, as well as a blade windscreen for wind protection. It also features a media console with a 4.3” LCD screen, back-up camera, Bluetooth® integration and a 6-speaker audio system. The Slingshot® SL LE offers all of the same upgrades as the Slingshot® SL, but on top of that will include a striking Black Pearl paint color. The Slingshot® SL LE in Black Pearl has a U.S. MSRP of $26,199.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dascrow

Thanks Received:
    First look video!

• Like Like x 2
  3. dascrow

Thanks Received:
    2016-Polaris-Slingshot-Black5.jpg 2016-Polaris-Slingshot-Black3.jpg 2016-Polaris-Slingshot-Black4.jpg 2016-Polaris-Slingshot-Black2.jpg Reserved for additional photos...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheBigLD

TheBigLD Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I love it other then I can see myself cooking in it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ms Slingshot

Ms Slingshot Member

Thanks Received:
    Love this and can hardly wait to see the Black Pearl! Did you get to test ride it? I already cook in the Red one, but this one really looks sharp!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Apaut

Apaut New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think I bought the first one released!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Orangeman

Orangeman ............................... Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Congratulations @Apaut and please understand this is not directed at you.

Well ....anyone still waiting on the 2015 they placed a deposit on a while ago, which has now become a 2016....and have been told you have to wait until August for delivery, you now know why ....

Seems Polaris is able to produce and start delivery of the new SE a single day after its announcement (which means they interrupted production and had them on the trucks before the dealer expo) but can't deliver the units you put money on ....

Same story different year ............

But remember the focus of the expo ........

................................... Hmmm 2.JPG .............. and lets not forget.............. hmmm.JPG

........:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. David Di

David Di Member

Thanks Received:
    Just got an call from the dealer, my 16' SS LE just arrived! I will pick it up tomorrow. Happy happy happy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. sooey2u

sooey2u Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Congrats!

10. Tripod

Tripod Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Congrats! (& keep a microfiber cloth handy :rolleyes:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Samowens44

Samowens44 Sam, Gail & Snazzy Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Love it! Boy does it look good!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. David Di

David Di Member

Thanks Received:
    So I picked up the 16' LE......upon close inspection, I've found many, many imperfections all over(shouldn't be like that on a $26K machine):mad:...I'm pretty sure some of it are from the transporting, others from people drooling over it in the showroom......well, after 20 min. of driving(a cop asked me to pull over, so he can check it out), all of sudden, none of that matters anymore.....still very happy! Hope 5 years from now, I can get a new one with no imperfections......and more power! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1